jump to navigation

On the hospital ward… August 2, 2008

Posted by loz121 in Uncategorized.
I was wheeled into a ward in the hospital, in my own private room. I was now able to view my phone where I had dozens of messages from my friends. I was also very glad to look online on the TV they had at hospital and watch TV too. I missed my internet browsing as I always talk to my friends on MSN messenger.
After 6 weeks in intensive care, I was now able to have my first proper bath on the ward where my mum helped me. I was careful not to get my tracheotomy dressing wet and my PEG site was fully healed up so that was fine.
My parents took me outside for my first breath of fresh air since I went into hospital. They put on my new comfortable dressing gown and they wheeled me out in a wheelchair. It was a nice sunny day and we went to the front of the hospital on the grass and had the nice warm sun on my face. It was nice to get out of hospital after being laid up for so long. I began to walk around a lot more although my PEG pump on a stand had to come with me! The PEG would only be put on over night when I arrived home.
Again, I got bored and fed up of being in hospital, it wasn’t easy watching TV without any subtitles but I felt very lucky to be alive after the near death experience and counted down the days til I was out of hsoptial.
In the middle of June 2007, after a week of being on the hospital ward, I was finally allowed home. With instructions on how to work the PEG pump, we set off home.


No comments yet — be the first.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: